NIP has been involved in various activities that were aimed at promoting mental health and psychological well-being. One of such activities is the initiative to have a counseling centre for students of NIP, Quaid-i-Azam University, and general people from Islamabad/ Rawalpindi. The aim of this centre is to help individuals understand their problem through a different perspective and learn different strategies to resolve them. It focuses on helping the individuals in crises and supports them to think clearly and resolve their problem in a productive manner. While a counselor/therapist cannot solve others’ problems for them but he can facilitate the process of going into the depth of the problem and learning healthy skills to handle the issue in a fruitful way.
Appointments may be made by calling the counseling centre or by coming to the office in person. Appointments will be scheduled as soon as possible, depending on the urgency of the situation and staff availability. In most cases, we can offer appointments within a week of the initial request, although it may take longer during periods of high demand as well as during excessive involvement in university activities (midterms to finals). Appointments can be taken through the incharge of counseling centre Dr. Naeem Aslam Phone: (+92 51) 90644004.
Counseling and therapy provided is highly confidential. Because therapy is most effective when a student can be direct and honest with a counselor without fear that personal information will be divulged, the counseling centre does not release information about any client/ individual without that client's written permission, except in the case of imminent danger to self or others, child/dependent abuse, court order, or where otherwise required by law.
- Of all ages, races, and religious back-grounds who are seeking individual growth and long for more meaning in their lives
- Children with Learning disabilities, especially focusing on screening and management of Dyslexia, Mental Retardation, Emotional and Behavioral problems.
- Who feel anxious, fearful, worried or depressed.
- Who seek better relationships in marriage and family life.
- Who are dealing with sexual orientation or identity issues.
- Who are living through critical periods of grief; a loss through death or divorce
- Who are recovering from addictive illnesses.
- Stress counseling is provided to those who went through a trauma or crises and want to recover from its effects. Develop resiliency for future situations.
- Career Counseling
- A register will be maintained for record keeping of all the clients seen and this register would be available in Counseling Room.
- Time of a single session will range approximately from 30-45 minutes.
- Files of assessment done would be maintained in Counseling Room and strict confidentiality will be maintained.
- Receipt after payment will be issued to the client by the therapist.
- Cancellations and missed appointments. Due to the high demand for services offered by the counseling center, missed appointments result in lost opportunities for our staff to work with other students who might need help. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
Assessment of the client is done with the help of standardized tools/psychological tests and report is provided to the client. Assessment for personnel selection is also provided on request.
NIP Students Quaid-i-Azam University
Public and Private Sector Registration Fee Rs. 200 Rs. 200 Rs. 500 Psycho Diagnostic Assessment Fee Rs. 3000 Rs. 5000 Rs. 10000 Counseling / Psychotherapy Session Fee Rs. 500 Rs. 800 Rs. 2000
The Counseling Centre has a strong commitment to meeting the needs of diverse people. In all individual and group services we strive to create an environment where all students feel welcome.
NIP Counseling Centre provide services such
“Take charge of your internal dialogue. Nip those negative thoughts in the bud and replace them with rational healthy thoughts that are calming and reinforcing- and see where those new thoughts can take you”
Dr. Naeem Aslam
Dr. Fahad Riaz