NIP has been involved in various activities that were aimed at promoting mental health and psychological well-being. One of such activities is the initiative to have a counseling centre for students of NIP, Quaid-i-Azam University, and general people from Islamabad/ Rawalpindi. The aim of this centre is to help individuals understand their problem through a different perspective and learn different strategies to resolve them. It focuses on helping the individuals in crises and supports them to think clearly and resolve their problem in a productive manner. While a counselor/therapist cannot solve others’ problems for them but he can facilitate the process of going into the depth of the problem and learning healthy skills to manage the issue in a fruitful way.
Appointments Clients can book their counseling session appointment through website, email, telephone or through visiting clinic (QAU-NIP Counseling Centre). Appointments will be scheduled as soon as possible, as per availability. Online appointments can be scheduled as well. NIP Counseling Centre is open from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 3PM. For appointment, register through website, email us at email@example.com or contact us at +92 333 5932537
Counseling and therapy provided is highly confidential. Because therapy is most effective when a student can be direct and honest with a counselor without fear that personal information will be divulged, the counseling centre does not release information about any client/ individual without that client’s written permission, except in the case of imminent danger to self or others, child/dependent abuse, court order, or where otherwise required by law.
Who can benefit from the Counseling?
- Of all ages, races, and religious back-grounds who are seeking personal development and long for more meaning in their lives
- Children with Learning disabilities, especially focusing on screening and management of Dyslexia, Mental Retardation, Emotional and Behavioral problems.
- Who feel anxious, fearful, worried or depressed.
- Who seek better relationships in marriage and family life.
- Who are dealing with sexual orientation or identity issues.
- Who are living through critical periods of grief; a loss through death or divorce
- Who are recovering from addictive illnesses.
- Stress counseling is provided to those who went through a trauma or crises and want to recover from its effects. Develop resiliency for future situations.
- Career Counseling.
- A register will be maintained for record keeping of all the clients seen and this register would be available in Counseling Room.
- Time of a single session will range approximately from 30-60 minutes.
- Files of assessment done would be maintained in Counseling Room and strict confidentiality will be maintained.
- Receipt after payment will be issued to the client by the therapist.
- Cancellations and missed appointments. Due to the high demand for services offered by the counseling centre, missed appointments result in lost opportunities for our staff to work with other students who might need help. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
Assessment of the client is done with the help of standardized tools/psychological tests and report is provided to the client. Assessment for personnel selection is also provided on request.
Fee Charges Details
Public and Private Sector
Counseling / Psychotherapy Session Fee
|Psycho Diagnostic Assessment Fee||Rs. 5000||Rs. 15000||Rs. 20000|
NIP is willing to serve the community by improving psychological well-being of people. Individuals can avail discount on session charges.
Fee Charges - Speech & Language Therapy
NIP Counseling Centre provide services such as Psychological Assessment, Psychotherapeutic treatment, speech and language therapy services with Counseling for children, youth and adults.
Assessment and treatment of Autism and related developmental disorders
- Depression and anxiety
- Panic anxiety
- Adjustment to physical illness
- Posttraumatic stress
- Substance abuse and addictive behaviors
- Challenging behaviors
- Personal and family relationship problems
- Learning disabilities
- Intellectual Disability
- Behavioral and emotional problems in children
- Adjustment problems
- Marital problems
- Parenting difficulties
- Career selection difficulties
- Sexual problems etc
- Psychometric Assessment
- Psycho diagnostic Assessment
- Personality Assessment
- IQ Assessment
- EQ Assessment
- Learning disability Assessment
- Ability and Aptitude Assessment
- Achievement testing
- Emotional & Behavioral Assessment etc
“Take charge of your internal dialogue. Nip those negative thoughts in the bud and replace them with rational healthy
thoughts that are calming and reinforcing- and see where those new thoughts can take you”
- Supportive Therapy
- Client Center Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
- Marital Therapy
- Group therapy etc.
- Parental counseling
- Career counseling
- Marriage and family counseling
- Occupation therapy
- School counseling
- Substance abuse counseling
- Couple counseling
- Counseling with children etc.
Speech & Language Therapy Services for
- Articulation Problems
- Fluency Disorders
- Learning and Developmental Disabilities
- Aphasia – Communication Disorders
- Eating and Swallowing Disorders
- Speech Problems in Autism Related Disorders
- Primary and Acquired Language Disorders
An opportunity for those who want to find relief from
STRESS, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY and other MENTAL HEALTH CHALLANGES
Certified Clinical Psychologist & Psychotherapist
Clinical Psychologist & Counselor
Certified Speech Therapist